Elah Mae Cotham
Paris, TN
Age 87

Died Wednesday June 16. Services June 19 1 p.m. RIDGEWAY FUNERAL HOME Paris, TN

So states the obituary in the Tennessean; I sincerly hope the family will pay for a better on in the Paris Post Intelligencer. Nana deserves more than a four line blurb. Her life was far more important than that.

Around 11:00pm Wednesday night, my grandmother slipped the surly bonds of earth to touch the face of God (http://www.geocities.com/everwild7/highflight.html for the poem). Yesterday, the family planned the final arrangements, with my mother in absentia. She didn't feel like participating, and I don't blame her. I don't feel much like participating either, in that particular struggle or any other right now. I need a little time to collect my thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog