Friday, Friday, Friday. I'm trying very hard not to let anyone steal my sunshine today - after all, there is a GAME tonight, and I'm excited. But before the game, there's 50, 000 things to do, and technology is not my friend today. I need to load a program on my new PC, and of course I can't find the damn CD. My filing system doesn't suck, it's just non-existent, and if there were ever an earthquake, I'd be found buried under a stack of fallen CD's, no doubt clutching the one I can't find right now, because I'm sure it's in here. Somewhere. Has to be. I didn't eat it. And they don't make good coasters. I'd use my old PC to run the program, but I have a test machine set up in it's old spot - a test machine that crapped out on the install yesterday, and I'm not touching it again until someone in CSI tells me what I did wrong, since I'm positive it's my fault. People laugh at my dual PC/dual flat panel setup/dual keyboard and mouse (I know - get a KVM. But it's so much nicer to have both available at the same time, or to be able to work on one while watching the other). Maybe if I cleaned my desk, I'd find my software. Or maybe I'll just play one more hand of Spider while I try to remember what I did with it...
Like a bad penny.... We used to scuba dive as our hobby, a hobby which eventually led to the procurement/construction of a small dive trailer to haul four sets of gear and four cylinders. It was a simple but elegant design - a box on a single axle frame, with the beginnings of a mural painted on both sides, and dive flags at either end. The kids had helped paint it, with Stephen taking special pains with the sharks. When we moved to Nashville, we sold it. We didn't dive as often, and we had no place to store it. Nearly ten years have passed since that October in '99 when we came up here, and I hadn't thought much about the trailer. I thought I had seen it the last time we went to Greenfield, but I wasn't sure. Then Saturday my mother-in-law called to say the neighbor across the street had our trailer for sale. The neighbor was asking a certain price, and we offered a little less. She called back later to say it was ours for the picking up. Sunday we made the trip to fet...
Comments